The Westinghouse iGen2500 is a popular inverter generator that offers a range of features and capabilities for portable power. Here are some key details about this generator:
- Power output: The iGen2500 has a maximum output of 2,500 peak watts and 2,200 rated watts. This is enough to power most RV appliances, small power tools, and electronic devices.
- Fuel efficiency: The iGen2500 is designed for optimal fuel efficiency, with a runtime of up to 10 hours on a single tank of gasoline (at 25% load). It also has a “smart economy mode” that adjusts the engine speed to match the load, which helps conserve fuel and reduce noise.
- Quiet operation: The iGen2500 is relatively quiet for a generator, with a noise level of 52 decibels at 25% load. This makes it ideal for camping, tailgating, and other outdoor activities where noise is a concern.
- Advanced features: The iGen2500 comes with a range of advanced features, including an LED data center that displays fuel level, power output, run time, and voltage output. It also has built-in overload protection, low oil shutdown, and a spark arrestor, which makes it safe for use in national parks and forests.
- Portability: The iGen2500 is lightweight and compact, weighing only 48 pounds and featuring built-in carrying handles. This makes it easy to transport and store, even in tight spaces.
Overall, the Westinghouse iGen2500 is a versatile and reliable inverter generator that is well-suited for a range of outdoor activities and emergency backup power situations.
The Westinghouse iGen2500c Portable Inverter Generator produces up to 2,500 peak watts and 2,200 running watts, making it perfect for emergency home backup during a power outage or for recreational uses such as camping and tailgating. Powered by a 4-Stroke OHV Westinghouse Engine, the iGen2500c is engineered to automatically adjust its engine speed to produce only the amount of power you need for enhanced fuel efficiency. The iGen2500c can simultaneously power most large appliances such as refrigerators and furnaces while powering any necessities you may need while traveling. It’s lightweight and portable, weighing 47.4 lb. with a built-in carrying handle. The iGen2500c has an ultra-low tone for community-friendly use, operating as low as 52 dBA which is quieter than the average conversation. Unlike traditional generators, the iGen2500c safely powers sensitive electronics like plasma/LCD televisions, laptops, tablets, and mobile devices by producing clean, stable power at less than 3% THD. If you need more power, the iGen2500c is parallel capable and can be paired with another Westinghouse Inverter Generator using the Westinghouse 30A or 50A Parallel Cord (sold separately). The iGen2500c features automatic low oil and carbon monoxide (CO) shutdown, voltage regulation, and overload protection, complete with a 3-Year Limited Warranty and Lifetime Technical Support, backed by our nationwide Westinghouse service network.
- Bring power to your home during a power outage or power your Airstream Basecamp when you’re boon docking or recreational activities
- 2500 peak watts, 2200 running watts and runs for up to 10 hours on a 0.98 gal. gas tank
- Enhanced fuel efficiency – variable engine speeds allow 30% to 50% higher fuel efficiency than a traditional generator
- Lightweight and compact design – the iGen2500c weighs 47.4 lb. and features a built-in carry handle for easy transportation
- Real-time LED display with runtime, remaining fuel, load/output, volts and lifetime hours data
- Super quiet – as low as 52 dBA with double-insulated acoustic enclosure, asymmetrical cooling fans and low tone mufflers to reduce operating noise
- Safely powers sensitive electronics such as laptop computers, cell phones and more with less than 3% THD
- (2) 120V 5-20R standard household outlets and (2) 5V USB ports with rubber outlet covers
- Featuring Automatic Low Oil and Carbon Monoxide (CO) Shutdown
What is a portable inverter generator?
An inverter generator is a type of portable generator that uses advanced technology to produce AC (alternating current) power with greater efficiency, stability, and precision. Unlike conventional generators that produce AC power directly from the engine, inverter generators use a three-step process to convert the raw power produced by the engine into high-quality AC power.
The first step is to produce DC (direct current) power through an alternator. The second step is to convert the DC power into AC power through an inverter. The third step is to regulate the output frequency and voltage of the AC power to match the desired specifications.
The main advantage of inverter generators is that they produce a stable and clean power output that is safe for sensitive electronic devices like laptops, smartphones, and medical equipment. They also tend to be quieter and more fuel-efficient than conventional generators, which makes them a popular choice for camping, RVing, tailgating, and other outdoor activities.
Inverter generators come in a range of sizes and power capacities, from small models that can power a few electronic devices to large models that can run an entire household. They typically use gasoline as fuel, although some models are designed to run on propane or natural gas.
Overall, inverter generators are a reliable and efficient source of portable power that can meet the needs of a wide range of applications.